Saturday, February 14, 2015

Thank you Srila Prabhupada



Since this is my last day in Bengaluru, wanted to share why I started loving this city. Its not because its known for its Big IT Hub or Lucrative Lifestyle people living here. The life here might look glittering, but reality strikes when People come here getting attracted to this Glittering life which in the end turns out to be Poisionous.

Bangalore has been recorded as the Highest Suicidal Rate in the City and lakhs of people are gone under depression. I would have been one of the persons if Srila Prabhupada  through his devotees and his Books wouldnt have come into my life.I only know how did I started balancing my Work life.

First time, I came to Bangalore there were Bill boards screaming PG for Rent at just 3000-4000 Rs. I was very much happy but as time passed by I started observing that I have lost 10 Kg of Weight and the Roommates at times were intolerable and used to fight for silly reasons. The association of such Roommates was very disturbing and everyday thought crept in me why I came to Bangalrem, leaving my family and paying such hefty amount for a lousy room.

Also Food posed to be a greatest problem in PG. It has made me unhealthy, Lean and was kind of Morose because of the Worklifestyle in office.

I was a meat eater, and my mind used to go here and there like a small monkey for some Movies, Songs, eating Meat in restaurants ,getting attracted to girls etc and always had a vision of myself becoming Successful in my material life.

Then one day at Marthalli Bridge, some hefty person was distributing this Complimentary Pass -- "Secret of Success" and at the bottom of  the leaflet, there was  a small logo named Akshaya Patra(Free Dinner Meals) written on it.

I was attracted by these two words  "Success" and "Free Meals".


The Program was supposed to start on sunday in the evening. When I came for the program, I was surprised to see a Swamiji or a Monk standing writing something on a whiteboard and was very fleunt in speaking English.

The topic being covered was 'Laws of Karma', and was totally stunned by the way it was being presented. How Systematically it was being explained having a workflow diagram drawn on the white board and the Projecter projecting the Powerpoint presentation on the LED Wall Sheet covering 'each and every aspect of Karma' and in the end the delicious Feast Prasadam was being served, which you will not get even in 5 star Hotels of Bangalore

This very first lecture started by Amitasana Prabhu was a turning point of my life. From that time I started coming for the sessions every weekends and for the first time in life I had broomed and mooped the entire temple and also started cleaning the vessels. The things that I never did at home, I started doing it in a temple and really started enjoying associating with devotees.

It was indeed Srila Prabhupada's Mercy that though I had a Hectic lifestyle.. he gave me a spirtual lifestyle to balance out the same.

Within two months I joined FOLK(Folk of Lord Krishna ) Hostel, where Like Minded people who are inquisite about understanding Bhagvad Gita and have willingness to change their lifestyle like
sleeping early by 9:00 PM and waking up by 5:00 AM
Doing Mangala Aarti from 6:00 Am to 6:30 AM
Chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra from 6:30 AM TO 7:00 Am
Listening Bhagvad GIta Classes being preached by temple devotees from 7:00 AM TILL 8:00 AM

Having Breakfast Prasadam from 8:00 AM Till 9:00 AM

It was not easy Initially staying at FOLK Hostel since changing the Lifestyle was a big challenge. But slowly when it became an Habit , and eventually It started feeling good.

This was all possible because of ISKCON Bangalore Devotees and all thanks to Srila Prabhupada for starting up this Moment, because of which ISKCON Bangalore Emerged at RajajiNagar, which has been instrumental in transofrming my life to certain extent.

As days passed by, I automatically became a vegetarian and trust me ask any Non-Veg person to stop eating, its practically impossible. Only because of Intaking Prasadam Lords Mercy was bestowed upon me, which reminded me that  'Body is temple and not a graveyard'.


Also when i started Chanting Hare Krishna MAHA Mantra for the first time, I noticed my mind being quite and still and all the stress, anger, confusion etc that has come due to office work or associating with different sets of people have gradually disappered.


Also the books especially the  'Science of Self-Realization' was an eye-Opener for me which explained everything about Bhakti Yoga in a simplified, Systematic and Scientific manner. The Defintion of God, given in the very first chapter itself was very amusing,


And all this was possible because of Srila Prabhupada, who compiled huge volume of  books at the age of 70, who toured the World more then 12 times to preached the message of Bhagvad Gita and made devotees worlwide irespective of Caste, Creed and Sex.


Because of Srila Prabhupada, I came to understand the true meaning of Religion. I used to be athiest before, but when his books started talking to me and giving proper explanation of Religion without any Interpretation. It was completly clear that, I am under the right authority.

His sentence

"Religion without philosphy is sentiment and Philosophy without speculation is Mental Speculation"


Just because I came in touh with Srila Prabhupada and ISKCON BANGALORE devotees, I started seeing the world with its current Reality and whatever practially is explained in Bhagvag Gita, I was able to experince it in my day to day life activities.

I came here to work in a better Project and earn more, but I got much better things and that the main thing required to progress in Spirtuality since that is the Main aim of Human Life, that is to understand God and become God Concious and that is possible only by being under the association of Devotees.



I am very much indebted to Srila Prabhupada for having placed such a Wonderful Organization worldwide and giving an opportunity for a unqualified  and fallen down person like me to understand the Essence of Bhagvad Gita and giving me Krshna Prasadam all the three times and giving me your Protection  and assisting me during Difficult times.

And the reason I like Bengaluru is not because of its Big IT Hub , but because of ISKCON Bangalore who are propogating Srila Prabhupada's message to all the Intelluctual class in Bangalore so that they can understand what real Happiness is and finally how we can reclaim Humanity

HARE KRISHNA HARE KRSHNA KRHSNA KRSHNA HARE HARE
HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE





2 comments:

  1. Nice. Always Chant Hare Krishna..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Krishna Mantra and Chalisas:
    "Om Shri Krishnaaya Namah"
    "Om Kamala nathaaya Namah"
    Benefits of Lord Krishna Mantra and Chalisas:
    Some benefits of krishna mantra and chalisas are, to win over enemies/adversaries and shield from every negative eventuality/evil effects.
    To get more details about mantras, pujas, bhajans and chants, download Mangaldeep app and get all benefits, https://goo.gl/gDgcUf

    ReplyDelete